Future Theme Issues/Call for Submissions
Issue #69 (Winter) — Theme: "MEAT" (CLOSED)
Humans have hunted, trapped, and killed animals for their “meat” (Old English mete = food) from at least as far back as our “hunter-gatherer” days. From guinea pigs to bison, quail to turkeys, oolichans to whales, we’ve tried them all. The human relationship with meat will be explored in fiction, poetry, memoir, and essay.
Deadline for submissions: CLOSED
TWENTY-FIFTEEN ISSUES -- THEMES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
When submitting, please identify on the envelope the theme issue for which you're submitting.
Feel free to interpret these themes in unique and unusual ways. Theme issues will still feature "regular" work, so please continue sending us your submissions, theme-related or not.
All other regular submission guidelines still apply, as below.
The following are some general guidelines (as always, we'd suggest READING an issue of the magazine to see what we're all about).
Submissions should be:
1. typed, double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 paper (no disks or e-mail submissions please)
2. Fiction: a maximum of 3,000 words.
3. Poetry: we no longer accept unsolicited poetry submissions (unless specifically related to one of our theme issues).
4. Creative Non-Fiction: a maximum of 4,000 words.
5. Commentary (social or otherwise): a maximum of 4000 words.
6. Photography & Illustration: we only accept solicited art and photography. Please forward us a link to your work;
7. Those submissions not accompanied by a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) will not be considered or returned. Submissions from outside Canada must include a sufficient number of International Reply Coupons to cover the return postage.
8. Please do not send submissions via email.
Payment rates for published submissions:
Poetry: $50 per poem
Prose: $50 per page
Send submissions to:
P.O. Box 3008, MPO
Vancouver, BC V6B 3X5
TEL: (604) 876-8710 FAX: (604) 879-2667 EMAIL: email@example.comBack to top