Future Theme Issues/Call for Submissions
Issue #70 (Spring) – Theme: “OUTSIDERS”
Fringe-dwellers, iconoclasts, skeptics, heretics, unbelievers, dissidents, infidels, rebels, renegades, mutineers & malcontents – sing us your song!
Our Spring 2015 issue will celebrate those who walk in opposition to the status quo.
Send us poetry, fiction, essays, and memoir inspired by outsiders of every stripe.
Mark envelope “Outsiders”
Deadline for submissions: February 10, 2015 (postmarked)
Issue #71 (Summer/Fall) -- GENERAL ISSUE
Fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, commentary, essay – all welcome! See our general Submission Guidelines below.
Deadline for submissions: May 15, 2015 (postmarked)
Issue #72 (Winter) Theme: “I LIVE IN AN APARTMENT”
30% of Canadians live in an apartment. Apartment dwellers spend at least a third of the year inside their domicile, be it a ground-level student flat, top floor artist garret, subterranean man-cave (our fave, of course!), or high-rise swingers’ loft – we want to hear about life there.
All submissions MUST be accompanied by a photo or drawing of your apartment — or the apartment that inspired your piece.
Note: Apologies to all of you ‘non-apartment dwellers’; we don’t mean to exclude you from submitting … perhaps you can write a piece about your “pre-mortgage days”?
Mark envelope “Apartments”
Deadline for submissions: September 15, 2015 (postmarked)
When submitting, please identify on the envelope the theme issue for which you're submitting.
Feel free to interpret these themes in unique and unusual ways. Theme issues will still feature "regular" work, so please continue sending us your submissions, theme-related or not.
All other regular submission guidelines still apply, as below.
The following are some general guidelines (as always, we'd suggest READING an issue of the magazine to see what we're all about).
Submissions should be:
1. typed, double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 paper (no disks or e-mail submissions please)
2. Fiction: a maximum of 3,000 words.
3. Poetry: we no longer accept unsolicited poetry submissions (unless specifically related to one of our theme issues).
4. Creative Non-Fiction: a maximum of 4,000 words.
5. Commentary (social or otherwise): a maximum of 4000 words.
6. Photography & Illustration: we only accept solicited art and photography. Please forward us a link to your work;
7. Those submissions not accompanied by a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) will not be considered or returned. Submissions from outside Canada must include a sufficient number of International Reply Coupons to cover the return postage.
8. Please do not send submissions via email.
Payment rates for published submissions:
Poetry: $50 per poem
Prose: $50 per page
Send submissions to:
P.O. Box 3008, MPO
Vancouver, BC V6B 3X5
TEL: (604) 876-8710 FAX: (604) 879-2667 EMAIL: email@example.comBack to top